The Fulton: great seafood on the waterfront, located on Pier 17, which is a great place to go for a drink after dinner.
- Atla: Fronted by chef Daniela Soto-Innes, a toned-down modern spin on Mexican, with amazing Tequila cocktails to boot.
- Peter Luger - inside Time Warner Centre, when you're in the mood for steak.
- Red Rooster - head to Harlem, chef Marcus Samuelson’s soul food good cooking and ambience to boot.
- RH Rooftop Restaurant: Not what you'd expect, in the Meatpacking District with a nice terrace.
- Robert - A great lunch spot on top of the MAD, with great views of the park, Central Park that is.
INSIDER TIP: The options are really endless and there's always something new popping up, keep your finger on the pulse and listen to what the locals recommend.
- Shake Shack: Because sometimes you just need something fast and tasty. Don't miss the seasonal “Black Truffle Burger “
- Minetta Tavern - a truly sensational burger. Try the Black Label Burger with fries.
- Au Cheval - originally tokened as Chicago’s best burger, now in Tribeca.
- PJ Clarke’s - head to the one opposite Lincoln Center, it's a whole vibe.
1 Hotel - Brooklyn or near Central Park
- Gild Hall - Just off bustling Wall Street
- Lowell - for a cozy boutique experience
- The Beekman - nestled between both the East and Hudson Rivers
ARTS & CULTURE
- Bookstore Dominicanen - This bookstore is housed in an old church and is considered to be one of the most beautiful book stores in the world. The church itself dates back to 1294 and it has elaborate frescos on the ceiling that are being restored. It has lived many lives, but now instead of praying at its altar, you can drink coffee and read books.
- Cruise on the Maas - Discover Maastricht by boat and enjoy beautiful scenic views of the old city center and much more!
DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START?
- Citi Bike - Hop on one of the 6000 bikes at one of the hundreds of stations, for less than $4
- Go High - Empire State Building, The Rock(efeller) , The Freedom Tower One World, or the EDGE.
- The Beach - The beach is never too far in NY, hop on a ferry to Ashbury Park or somewhere similar
NO NEED TO ESCAPE THE CITY TO GET OUTDISE
Check out our must have travel essentials for this trip here --> VOCIER Weekend Travel Essentials