This month VOCIER is taking you to the T-O, Tdot, Toronno, or simply Toronto. A city that is constantly at the top of the "best places to live in the world" lists, which means spending a few days here will be a breeze.
- Akira Back - Fronted by Michelin Star Chef Akira Back
- Bar Reyna - Elevated tapas and cocktails
- Bar Isabel - Cozy, small plates, and craft beer
- 416 Snack Bar - Is what Toronto is about
- Pizzaria Badiali - Because comfort food
- Midfield Wine Bar - Boasts an extensive selection of "natural" wines
- Bar Chef - A whole cocktail experience
- The Federal - For a "hair of the dog" Caesar and brunch!
- Bischa - At the center of it all yet, the newest cultural hotspot
- 1 Hotel - Design-lover's dream and in the center of it all
- Shangri-La - 66 story glass tower with the best city views
- Hazelton - A treasured TO landmark luxury boutique hotel
- Hotel X - New, lakefront, and downtown
ARTS & CULTURE
- Aga Khan Museum - by Pritzker prize-winning architect Fumihiko Maki. The museum is meant to foster a mutual understanding and respect between cultures. The collection comprises over 1,000 pieces of art and the museum sits on 17 acres.
- The AGO - by renowned architect Frank Gehry (who actually grew up down the street!) With a collection of over 9,000 works of art, the AGO is a strong contender for one of the best museums in North Am.
- Artworx - It is said that 2021+2022 are the years for public art in Toronto... if you like a more "off the beaten path" travel adventure and create your own tour.
Insider Tip: Check all the locations above for events, workshops, etc. for a more immersive experience.
DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START?
- Kensington Market - this part of town is packed with some of the city's coolest bars, eateries, and shops. A maze of streets and alleyways is packed with brightly-hued Victorian-era houses.
- St. Lawrence Market - 120+ food vendors selling food, ready-to-eat treats, and arts/crafts. It’s as much a place to shop as a community hub—check the program of cooking classes, workshops, and lectures.
- Scarborough Bluffs - hiking, a beach, and epic views of Lake Ontario.
- Queens Quay – On the waterfront with cool sights like the Music Garden and Ripley's Aquarium, Steam Whistle Brewery, and a fun arcade, The Rec Room.
Insider Tip: There may be an awesome sporting event to check out depending on the season. T-O boasts the Raptors, the Bluejays, and the Maple Leafs.
TIME TO ESCAPE THE CITY?
- Niagara Falls - One of the wonders of the world
- Muskoka / Algonquin - Take in some nature and beauty
Pro Tip: Do not forget to check the covid restrictions, some sights may require reservations or pre-booking.
Have any requests for cities to cover? Let us know in the comments below and we will put our VOCIER globetrotters on the mission.